At Salesian College Preparatory, we educate in order to impact the young person holistically. We believe that the young thrive in an environment rooted in experiential learning. We intentionally create in Salesian College Preparatory a HOME in which students feel safe and secure and experience a strong sense of belonging and welcoming; a SCHOOL which enables them to learn the lessons of life and expand their intellectual horizons; a CHURCH where the young are challenged in the name of and with the spirit of the Gospel of Jesus to seek meaning and purpose in their lives and to properly set their moral compass; and, a PLAYGROUND where they can interact and interrelate in a friendly and meaningful way to one another and experience joy. These four experiences are the components of the teaching and learning that permeate all we do at Salesian College Preparatory.
As you find out more about Salesian College Preparatory, you will undoubtedly experience the following:
- a school size of 400+ students with a classroom average of 15 students per teacher;
- a rigorous curriculum that promotes critical thinking and real-world application, evidenced by 24 Honors and Advanced Placement courses and technology-based instruction and learning across disciplines;
- well-rounded spiritual formation opportunities, including religion classes, class retreats, monthly Masses, service learning, and life counseling;
- an active service life of both students and adults, reflecting an average of over 40 hours of service per student annually;
- a superior athletics program, resulting in 27 North Coast Section Championships and four state titles earned since 2000;
- a home-away-from-home for local students as well as international students coming from ten different countries, supported by over thirty social and service clubs on campus;
- a distinguished and experienced group of faculty with advanced degrees, including four PhDs;
- a 21 acre park-like gated campus that includes 3 sports fields, a running track, tennis courts, and a dedicated Wellness Center for its students.
At Salesian College Preparatory, we take to heart those interconnected experiences of home, school, church, and playground. We believe that they offer all students an opportunity to find their own place to shine and to grow as young leaders. It is the nurturing of our students and their experiences in a caring and supportive environment that makes us unique. We are excited to share that uniqueness with all those interested in Salesian College Preparatory.
Come experience our family atmosphere.