- Schoology Grading System
- Student Dining - The Cafe (Lunch Menu)
- Spirit Wear by The Booster Club and BSN Sideline Store
- Uniforms, Pride Friday, and Appearance Dress Codes
- Student Activities
- Senior Students - Graduation Events!
- Register to Vote
- Laptops and Policies
- Summer Reading and Text Books Orders ("Shelfit!")
- Summer Opportunities/Internships
Schoology Grading System
Students and their parents/guardians can access grades, homework assignments and important information via Schoology (salesian.schoology.com).
If you have your Schoology account information but still have questions, please contact Mr. Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a replacement letter with instructions, contact the front office.
Student Dining - The Cafe (Lunch Menu)
Chef & Owner of SOM-thing Special Catering
Click link to order: https://app.mealmanage.com/
Lunches must be pre-ordered and pre-paid by 8:00 pm the night before.
A Message from Som Saengsourith:
Welcome to SOM-thing Catering!
I am excited to be joining the Salesian family in the 2022-23 school year. I enjoy cooking and preparing home-cooked meals with simple and seasonal ingredients. I look forward to bringing my experience with “farm to table” and “family style” meals to our students and staff at Salesian. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact me at email: email@example.com or phone: (510) 672-6108 (cell)
LUNCH & BREAKFAST PROGRAM
● Parents will receive a welcome email to set up an account on the Meal Manage platform.
● Monthly menus, ordering and payments can be made on parents' account page.
● Advance ordering for breakfast and lunch is highly encouraged.
● Cut off time for ordering is the day prior at 8:00 p.m.
● Breakfast will be offered “grab and go” style in the morning before school. LUNCHES MUST BE PRE-ORDERED AND PRE-PAID.
● Microwaves and toasters will be available for students’ use.
Spirit Wear by The Booster Club and BSN Sideline Store
Spirit Wear from Salesian's Booster Club:
Click HERE to buy sweatshirts, crew necks, t-shirts, and accessories. The sweatshirts are approved by the Salesian administration as part of the school uniform and the t-shirts may be worn on "Pride Fridays."
Spirit Wear from our BSN Sideline online store:
You may also purchase Spirit Wear from BSN but please note that most of the items are NOT approved to be worn during school hours (except for the polos). Most items may be worn on Pride Fridays.
Uniforms, Pride Friday, and Appearance Dress Codes
Dress Code Guidelines (2022-2023)
Students are expected to be in approved Salesian Dress Code Monday through Thursday while on campus. Relaxed dress code is allowed (no sweatpants) on Fridays, also known as Pride Fridays. For information on dress code policy and Pride Fridays guidelines, click on this link: Appearance Dress Code Policy
School uniforms must be purchased through our uniform provider, Lands' End. Click HERE to be redirected to Lands' End uniform site.
Lands' End Preferred School Number for Salesian: 900172578
P.E. uniforms and locks for lockers can only be purchased from our P.E. teacher during the first week of school.
Senior Students - Graduation Events!
Class of 2023 Student and Parent Guidebook
Salesian Seniors! Below, you will find links for all things related to this year, including the Senior Parent Guidebook, the Calendar, Senior Tribute Ads, and other relevant Senior News. Please contact the main office if you have any questions regarding calendar dates; contact Mr. Ruiz, Yearbook Moderator for questions about Senior Yearbook Tribute Ads, or Ms. Martin, Senior Class Moderator for questions about Senior Class events.
2023 Senior Student and Parent Guide Book
Class of 2023 Graduation Events
Friday, April 21, 2023
Senior Class Day of Reflection
Senior Class and Family Dinner
Sunday, April 23, 2023:
- Prom Tickets on-sale in the Main Office March 27 - April 5, 2023, $95 per person
- Prom Dress Code Guidelines
- Prom Guest Pass: Completed Guest Passes are due to the Principal by April 5.
- Prom Professional Photo Price List - Kurt Burton Photography
Friday, May 12, 2023:
Grad Nite - Universal Studios Hollywood. $250 per senior.
Wednesday, May 31, 2023:
Seniors: Mandatory Rehearsal for Graduation Events, 11:30 a.m., Gymnasium
Friday, June 2:
Senior Class Farewell, 10:30 a.m., Gymnasium
Senior Class Baccalaureate Mass, 7 p.m., Gymnasium
Senior Class and Family Reception, 8 p.m., Cafe
Saturday, June 3:
Class of 2023 Graduation Ceremony, 11 a.m., St. Cornelius Catholic Church, 205 28th Street, Richmond
Register to Vote
Let your voice be heard! Calling all students ages 16 - 18, click on the "Vote California" button below to register or pre-register to vote. What is pre-registering? If you aren't 18 yet, you can still fill out the registration form and be automatically registered when you turn 18.
At Salesian, we encourage all young people to take an active role in their community. Whether it's through community service, extra curricular activities or staying up to date on current events; there are a lot of ways to get involved. Voting is a great way to influence change on a local, state, and national level. We hope all eligible students will take advantage of this opportunity and register or pre-register for future elections.
Laptops and Policies
Laptop Policy 2022 - 2023
All students at Salesian College Preparatory (SCP) are required to have a laptop for the school year. Students are required to have a laptop with at least the following minimum specifications:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 or higher, with Solid State Hard Drive or Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave) or higher
- Memory: 8GB or higher
- Storage: 256GB or higher
- Wi-Fi: 802.11g/5GHz compatibility or higher
- Bluetooth: 3.0 or higher internal microphone
- Warranty: Extended warranty that includes damage protection (recommended)
- Students are expected to bring their privately-owned laptop to school every day, fully charged.
- Students are responsible for hardware support and maintenance of their personal device.
- Students must have all eBooks, apps, and accessories required by their teachers by Wednesday, September 1, 2022.
- All contents and use of the student’s device are to conform to the mission and vision of SCP as well as the Acceptable Technology Use Policy.
- SCP reserves the right to inspect the content of all laptops brought onto campus by students.
- Students are to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy at all times (cf. Student-Family Handbook 2022–2023).
- Students are to create a passcode/password on the laptop and keep the passcode/password confidential.
- Students should not share their passcode/password with anyone.
- Other than their parents or guardians, students are not to let anyone besides themselves use the laptop.
- Students should not provide their personal information to anyone over the Internet.
Disclosure: Salesian is a safe campus where theft or damage to personal property is not common; however, students should always secure their personal property in their backpack which they should keep with them. By bringing their own laptop or other devices to school, students and their parents/guardians accept full responsibility for damage which might occur to the laptop, as well as loss, or theft. Salesian College Preparatory is not responsible for the care, replacement, and/or repair of any device under any circumstances.
Any questions about laptops may be directed to our IT Assistant, Mr. Oscar Ruiz (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Summer Reading and Text Books Orders ("Shelfit!")
Summer Reading and Assignments 2023
Links will be "Live" in May 2023
Freshman: English I - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Freshman: English I Honors - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Sophomores: English II - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Sophomores: English II Honors - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Juniors: English III - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Juniors: AP Language and Composition - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Seniors: English IV - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Seniors: AP Literature and Composition - Summer 2023 Reading Assignment
Digital Online Bookstore for 2023-2024
Shelfit gives parents and students online access to all their school book needs with an easy-to-use platform with a single login. Each student will have their own Shelfit online bookstore listing all the books that they will need for the school year plus there will be a simple purchasing feature.
More information about Shelfit coming soon! https://youtu.be/
Summer Opportunities / Internships
for High School Students
While colleges increasingly emphasize the value of “experiential” or “hands-on” learning within their own communities, high school students are discovering real benefits in setting aside time during their high school careers for internships or other out-of-classroom experiences. In fact, they are finding that internships provide amazing opportunities to gain significant work experience while exploring long-term career options.
An internship helps students understand how professional organizations function in the real world. While learning and working, interns have the opportunity to refine career goals. In fact, a summer internship can serve as a “trial period” to test ideas about professions and industries without making any long-term commitments.