- Schoology Grading System
- Laptops and Policies
- Register to Vote
- Senior Students
- Student Dining - The Cafe (Lunch Menu)
- Student Activities
- Summer Reading and Text Books Lists
- Uniforms and Appearance Dress Code
Students and their parents/guardians can access grades, homework assignments and important information via Schoology (salesian.schoology.com).
If you have your Schoology account information but still have questions, please contact Mr. Swanson at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need a replacement letter with instructions, contact the front office.
Laptop and iPad Policy
All 9th grade and transfer students at Salesian College Preparatory (the School) are required to have a laptop for the 2020 - 2021 school year. Students are required to have a laptop with at least the following minimum specifications:
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 or higher, with Solid State Hard Drive or Mac OS 10.14.3 (Mojave) or higher
- Memory: 8GB or higher
- Storage: 256GB or higher
- Wi-Fi: 802.11g/5GHz compatibility or higher
- Bluetooth: 3.0 or higher internal microphone
- Warranty: Extended warranty that includes damage protection (recommended)
Any questions about laptops/iPads can be directed to our IT Assistant, Oscar Ruiz (email@example.com).
12th Graders are highly encouraged to bring in a laptop this school year as they prepare to get ready for college. 10th and 11th grade students can still continue to use their iPad through this school year. All Salesian students (9 – 12 grades) will be required to bring a laptop to school starting in 2021-2022. If students are still using an iPad, make sure that their iPad meets the following minimum requirements:
An iPad with at least 64+GB of memory, using at least an IOS of 11 or higher. Newer devices with more memory will last longer and require less maneuvering to stay under storage limits.
- Students are expected to bring their privately-owned laptop or iPad to school every day, fully charged.
- Students are responsible for hardware support and maintenance of their personal device.
- Students must have all apps and accessories required by their teachers.
- Students assume full responsibility for their laptop/iPad.
- Parents/Guardians are responsible for the oversight of student iTunes accounts and their purchases.
- All contents and use of the student’s device are to conform to the mission and vision of the School as well as the Acceptable Technology Use Policy.
- The School reserves the right to inspect the content of all laptops/iPads brought onto campus by students.
- Students are to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy at all times (cf. Student-Family Handbook 2020–2021).
- Students are to create a passcode/password on the laptop/iPad and keep the passcode/password confidential.
- Students should not share their passcode/password with anyone.
- Other than their parents or guardians, students are not to let anyone besides themselves use the laptop/iPad.
- Students should not provide their personal information to anyone over the Internet.
Disclosure: Salesian is a safe campus where theft or damage to personal property is not common; however, students should always secure their personal property in their locker, or in their backpack which they should keep with them. By bringing their own laptop/iPad or other devices to school, students and their parents/guardians accept full responsibility for damage which might occur to the laptop/iPad, as well as loss, or theft. Salesian College Preparatory is not responsible for the care, replacement, and/or repair of any device under any circumstances.
2019 - 2020 iPad Information
On Monday, August 19, 2019, new Salesian students will attend a brief iPad orientation session in order to best prepare for their first full day of classes on Tuesday. By the end of the orientation session, all attendees will be expected to have completed the items below. Prior to the 19th, please complete as many items as possible.
Click HERE for links to the following:
● Have an established Apple ID ( See Link )
○ A personal ( not shared ) Apple ID is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ( See Link )
○ Using your Salesian email as your Apple ID is NOT RECOMMENDED
● Have a form of payment attached to the Apple ID ( See Link )
○ Use Family Sharing to share family purchases and maintain control over
student spending ( See Link )
○ Set Up or sign into iCloud ( See Link )
○ A personal ( not shared ) iCloud account is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
○ Turn on iCloud Backup (Recommended) ( See Link )
○ iCloud provides 5GB of free storage space
○ iTunes Backups are another option ( See Link )
● Turn on Find My iPad
○ This is one of your best defenses in case of loss or theft
● Download the following apps:
○ iBooks (Free)
○ Google Drive
○ Google Docs
○ Google Slides
○ Google Sheets
○ Google Classroom
■ View and perform the tasks outlined in the “Welcome” note
■ Establish a backup solution in the app settings
● Purchase a case for the iPad. All iPads must have a case at all times.
○ Otterbox , Griffin , and Gumdrop all make cases that provide excellent protection.
Shop around to find the best deals. Whatever you choose, your best bet is to make
sure it covers the front, the back, and the corners.
Have questions? Contact Mr. Ruiz, IT Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Let your voice be heard! Calling all students ages 16 - 18, click on the "Vote California" button below to register or pre-register to vote. What is pre-registering? If you aren't 18 yet, you can still fill out the registration form and be automatically registered when you turn 18.
At Salesian, we encourage all young people to take an active role in their community. Whether it's through community service, extra curricular activities or staying up to date on current events; there are a lot of ways to get involved. Voting is a great way to influence change on a local, state, and national level. We hope all eligible students will take advantage of this opportunity and register or pre-register for future elections.
Class of 2021 Student and Parent Guidebook
Salesian Seniors! Below, you will find links for all things related to this year, including the Senior Parent Guidebook, the Calendar, Senior Tribute Ads, and other relevant Senior News. Please contact the main office if you have any questions regarding calendar dates; contact Mr. Ruiz, Yearbook Moderator for questions about Senior Yearbook Tribute Ads, or Ms. Martin, Senior Class Moderator for questions about Senior Class events.
2021 Senior Class Parent and Student Guide Book - coming soon!
Marijane Ricchiuto is a Salesian alumni parent of three. Salesian College Preparatory has been a major part of her life for many years. Her catering business, Catering by Marijane, provides a wide variety of delicious, healthy and affordable meal options to students.
Daily healthy menu options include salads, wraps, sandwiches and pastas.
Salesian College Preparatory Lunch Punch Cards
School lunches cost $6.50. School lunch punch-cards can be purchased at a discounted price of $60 and include ten school lunches. Lunch punch-cards are available for purchase in the morning or at lunch time in the cafeteria during school hours by either cash or check (payable to Catering by Marijane).
Punch Card Benefits
- Save $5.00 by purchasing a card.
- Lunch punch card meals includes a sandwich, pasta, salad, or lunch entrée with a cup of juice, fountain drink, or water.
- There is a special “fast track” line for students using their card so they can get through line faster!
- Lunch punch cards are like cash - no replacement cards.
- Returned check fee is $25.00.
- If you have any questions about student dining or the lunch punch-card, please contact Marijane directly: Marijane Ricchiuto at (510) 234-4433 x1407 or (510) 506-3232, or by email email@example.com.
Hi Students! The Summer Reading assignments completed for your English classes will be turned in digitally on the day school is back in session. When you're back in class, your teacher will tell you how and where to submit your digital assignment. You do not need to print out a hard copy. Happy reading!
Summer Reading and Assignments 2020 - Click on the LinksFreshman: English I - Summer 2020 Reading Assignment
2020-2021 Textbook List
Class schedules will be mailed out in mid-July.
Do not purchase books until you receive your class schedule.
- iBooks and eBooks should be purchased the first week of school with the teacher.
- Textbooks and World Language materials should be purchased and received prior to the first day of school.
- NOTE for students taking a World Language: Click HERE for an important letter from your Spanish or French teacher regarding materials for 2020-2021.
Dress Code Guidelines
Students are expected to be in approved Salesian Dress Code Monday through Thursday while on campus. Relaxed dress code is allowed on Fridays (also known as Pride Fridays). For information on dress code policy and Pride Fridays guidelines, click on this link: Appearance Dress Code Policy
Lands' End Preferred School Number for Salesian: 900172578
School uniforms must be purchased through our uniform provider, Lands' End:
Click HERE to learn How to Purchase Uniforms through Lands' End website.
Click HERE to be redirected to Lands' End uniform site.
Click HERE for Lands' End Uniform Fit Guide.
P.E. uniforms and locks for lockers can only be purchased from our P.E. teacher during the first week of school.