Salesian College Preparatory partners with UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland to obtain the services of a certified athletic trainer (ATC). UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland ensures the delivery of high-quality pediatric care for all children through primary and specialty networks, a strong education and teaching program, a diverse workforce, nationally recognized research programs and child advocacy efforts.
Salesian College Preparatory’s athletic trainer is available to all student-athletes. Our coaches refer all athletes sustaining injuries in athletic contests or practices to our certified athletic trainer.
The Salesian Athletic Trainer:
• Applies protective or injury-preventive devices such as tape, bandages, and braces
• Recognizes and evaluate injuries
• Provides first aid or emergency care
• Develops and carries out rehabilitation programs for injured athletes in consultation with medical doctors and/or doctors
• Plans and implements comprehensive programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes
• Performs administrative tasks such as keeping records and writing reports on injuries and treatment programs
Athletic Trainer, Certified - Liz Darr, ATC
Liz Darr is a certified athletic trainer. She is certified in CPR, AED use, First Aid, and HIPAA. Liz is a graduate of CSU Sacramento with a B.S. in Athletic Training. She comes to Salesian College Preparatory from UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland where she is an associate athletic trainer. Prior to her assignment with Benioff, Liz worked with CSU Sacramento’s Men and Women’s Soccer, Men and Women’s Tennis, Women’s Volleyball, Football, Gymnastics, Softball, Baseball, Cross-Country, Track and Field, Women’s Basketball, and Men’s Basketball. Additionally, she has worked for the PAC-12 serving as an athletic trainer for their rowing championships.