This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.
- Program Details
- English As A Second Language (ESL) Course
- Application Process
- Visits by Family
Salesian College Preparatory is located in Richmond, California within the East San Francisco Bay Area. The secluded and gated campus spans 21 acres surrounded by majestic redwood and pine trees, Wildcat Creek and flowering gardens.
Salesian currently offers van service covering various East Bay communities including Berkeley / Oakland, Fairfield / Vallejo, Hercules / Pinole and Martinez/Concord / Pittsburg.
Salesian is 9 miles away from University of California, Berkeley
Salesian is 10 miles from Pixar Animation Studios in Emeryville
Salesian is 11 miles away from Oracle Arena in Oakland
Salesian is 45 miles from the Silicon Valley (Google, Twitter, Facebook, Cisco Systems, SalesForce)
- One-year and multiple-year programs available.
- Full immersion: International Students whose English level is sufficient attend classes alongside all the other students.
- Success in our curriculum is largely dependent on the student’s ability to respond to course material in writing. While we provide ESL courses, we do expect international students to be proficient in English speaking, reading and writing.
Our international students participate in an ESL course (four days per week) which allows them to develop better English vocabulary and grammatical structures so that they can successfully communicate. Also, students will develop literary and analytical skills which will enable them to be successful in future courses. Every unit will develop students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills.
Our international high students applying for admission should follow the instructions listed below. Please contact Director of Admissions, Christina Karabinis (email@example.com or (510) 234-4433 ext. 1416) if you have any questions.
An international student’s application must include the following:
1. Online application: Apply Now
2. Test results from one of the following (within the past six months): TOEFL, TOEFL Jr., iTEP SLATE, ELITiS, or IELTS.
3. Transcript/Grade Report
- 7th and 8th Grade Transcript (for incoming 9th graders)
- 9th grade Transcript (for incoming 10th graders)
- 9th and 10th Transcripts (for incoming 11th graders)
4. Recommendation forms:
- Math Teacher Recommendation
- English Teacher Recommendation
- Administrator/Counselor Recommendation
5. Copy of front page of passport
6. Interview via Skype (All candidates must demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English)
Supporting documents should be mailed to:
Salesian College Preparatory
Office of Admissions
2851 Salesian Ave.
Or emailed to:
Director of Admissions, Christina Karabinis firstname.lastname@example.org
We love to meet our students' parents and families. If you are planning a visit to the U.S., please let us know so that we can meet you in person and provide a tour of our beautiful campus. Below are some hotel recommendations in the area:
Hyatt Place Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area, 5700 Bay Street, Emeryille, CA 94609 - (510 285-9232
Hyatt House Emeryville / San Francisco Bay Area, 5800 Shellmound St, Emeryville, CA 94608•(510) 601-5880
Courtyard by Marriott, Oakland / Emeryville, 555 Shellmound Street, CA 94608 - (510) 652-8777
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, Berkeley Marina, 200 Marina Boulevard, Berkeley, CA 94710 - (510) 548-7920