In order to receive a diploma from Salesian College Preparatory, students must successfully complete 250 semester credits. This includes coursework from the following:
• 8 semesters (40 credits) of Religious Studies
• 8 semesters (40 credits) of English
• 6 semesters (30 credits) of Mathematics (CSU and UC recommends 8 semesters of Mathematics)
• 6 semesters (30 credits) of Social Sciences (World History, U.S. History, Government, and Economics)
• 4 semesters (20 credits) of World Languages (CSU and UC recommends 6 semesters)
• 6 semesters (30 credits) of Science (UC recommends 6 semesters of Lab Science)
• 2 semesters of Physical Education (10 credits)
• 2 semesters of Visual/Performing Arts (10 credits)
• 8 semesters of Electives (40 credits)
Student Service Requirement
Each year, every Salesian student must complete the following:
Participation in Service Day and completion of the self assessment/reflection form
A service donation event (i.e., Project Santa)
A service project of the students own choice on or off campus. This includes completion of a self assessment/reflection form and a project supervisor’s confirmation of the project completion.
A class project focused on service (each level).