In order to receive a diploma from Salesian College Preparatory, students must successfully complete 250 semester credits. This includes course work from the following:
- 8 semesters (40 credits) of Religious Studies
- 8 semesters (40 credits) of English
- 6 semesters (30 credits) of Mathematics (CSU and UC recommends 8 semesters of Mathematics)
- 6 semesters (30 credits) of Social Sciences (World History, U.S. History, Government, and Economics)
- 4 semesters (20 credits) of World Languages (CSU and UC recommends 6 semesters)
- 6 semesters (30 credits) of Science (UC recommends 6 semesters of Lab Science)
- 2 semesters (10 credits) of Physical Education
- 2 semesters (10 credits) of Visual/Performing Arts
- 8 semesters (40 credits) of Electives
In addition to the credit requirement, students must complete their service requirement which includes the following:
- Participation in Service Day and completion of the self assessment/reflection form
- A service donation event (i.e., Project Santa)
- A service project of the students own choice on or off campus. This includes completion of a self assessment/reflection form and a project supervisor's confirmation of the project completion.
- A class project focused on service (each level).