Global Citizenship Program
Salesian students experience learning that extends beyond the classroom. Throughout their high school experience students engage with different cultures, absorb new perspectives and gain skills that prepare them to make a positive impact as a global citizen.
Salesian provides students many opportunities to immerse themselves in other cultures as they pursue their global journey:
- Salesian’s native-born student body is 27 percent Hispanic, 23 percent African-American, 18 percent Pacific Islander, 14 percent multi-racial, 14 percent Caucasian and 4 percent Asian. At Salesian, students learn to respect cultures, languages, religions and traditions other than their own.
- The diverse Salesian community includes students from Brazil, China, Germany, India, Mexico, Nicaragua, Nigeria and Peru; students gain understanding by seeing issues from many points of view.
- Salesian College Preparatory is one of several hundred Salesian schools worldwide, part of a global teaching network based on the principles of Saint John Bosco.
- Students can participate in international service-learning projects.
- Speakers are invited to campus to address global issues.
- Salesian offers Spanish and French language courses.
These international enrichment opportunities provide a window into the world students will enter once they leave high school, including tackling the challenges of college and the modern workplace.